Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I never have time

Lately, it seems like I never have the time to post in my blog. With school, and taking and editing pictures, I really have no time and it's quite frustrating. I'll keep you guys up to date with separate posts about the pictures I have taken so far.

First things first, I bought myself a brand new lens! The Nikkor 50 1.4 G. While it was expensive, the bokeh on this thing is just insane, and the night capture is crazy, which is why it's worth every last penny.

My roommate volunteered himself to be my first subject to see what this lens was capable of. I chose Mill Avenue in Tempe, Arizona for the location of the shoot. The neon lights and fancy restaurants were the perfect opportunity to show some really nice, silky bokeh.

Grant Tucker

Grant Tucker

Grant Tucker

I am extremely happy with these results. Nothing was staged. It was basically point, shoot, and hope for the best.

One thing I really noticed about the lens, was the medium focus time. This really bothered me. The fact that it is kind of tricky to really get the subject with the lens set on 1.4, but when it's spot on the results are spectacular!

Bokeh Test

Edited & Revised By Kelly Kindall.

No comments:

Post a Comment